Dartmouth High School currently has a student body of approximately 1100 students, a teaching staff of 57 and a support staff of 14.
Our school encompasses grades 10 through 12. Programs of study include Standard Academics, Business Education, Fine Arts, French Immersion, Special Education, Co-operative Education and specialized programs in the areas of Music, Technical Education, Physical Education and Family Studies. The school is located in the City of Lakes, Dartmouth, which is situated on the east coast of Nova Scotia. Dartmouth High overlooks the beautiful Halifax Harbour.
Dartmouth High School Site Plan
Dartmouth High School; a diverse, progressive, educational community; is committed to engaging, challenging, and supporting each of its citizens to attain academic and personal excellence through the practice of respect and responsibility within a safe environment that meets the needs of all of its learners.
- All learners will practice respect and responsibility in all actions.
- All learners will attain academic and personal excellence essential to succeed in a changing world.
- All learners as citizens will contribute positively to the school and community and celebrate their contributions.
- We will foster and celebrate the engagement in acts of citizenship of all our learners, past and present within our school and our boarder community.
- We will develop means to more fully engage learners in expanded curricular and extra-curricular programs.
- We will enhance the climate and culture of respect and responsibility.
- We will communicate effectively about the full range of programs and resources to promote life long learning.